In the framework of international activities, the department has a partnership, cooperation and scientific exchange agreement:
– with the Department of Geomechanics, Underground Construction and Surface Guard Management at the Mining and Geology Faculty of the Silesian Technical University “Polytechnic Schlosska”, Gliwice, Poland (Contract signed on March 30, 2011);
– with Varna Open University, Varna, Bulgaria (Contract signed on 07.11.2012 valid until 07.11.2017);
– with the Mining Faculty of the National Mineral Resources University “Mining”, St. Petersburg, Russia (Contract signed on April 27, 2012 until April 27, 2022);
– South-Russian State Technical University (Novocherkassk Polytechnic Institute), Shakhtinsky Institute (branch), Shahty, Russia (Contract No. 69 dated May 20, 2013, valid from 01.06.2013 to 01.06.2018);
The department carries out scientific cooperation with 5 academic institutions:
– Agreement on scientific cooperation with the Institute of Mechanics named after. SP Tymoshenko National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv;
– Agreement on scientific cooperation with the Institute of Hydromechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev;
– agreement on scientific and scientific-pedagogical cooperation with the Donetsk National Technical University, Donetsk;
– agreement on cooperation with the National Mining University, Dnipropetrovsk;
– Agreement on scientific, technical and creative cooperation with Zhytomyr State Technological University, Zhytomyr.
Within the framework of the agreement on creative cooperation with the Institute of Hydromechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Institute of Mechanics named after. SP Tymoshenko National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine carried out joint investigations of the dynamic stability of mining workings in a layered array of heterogeneous rocks, studied wave processes and deformation phenomena at the boundary of the contact of a rock mass with the mounting and development contour.
Within the framework of the developed subject of research, the candidate’s theses are protected by the senior teacher of the department Ya.A. Zagoruiko (Increasing the stability of the slopes in the weak masses through the system of soil cement elements), senior lecturer ST Popovym SM (Formation of the bearing capacity of weakly metamorphosed rocks of the sole of the development of blasting of the binder solution).
Based on the results of collaborative research, 5 articles were published (see annex publication 2014).
Within the framework of the agreement on scientific research and pedagogical cooperation with the Donetsk National Technical University, with Zhytomyr State Technological University, the following are organized and held annually:
– International scientific and technical conference of young scientists, postgraduates and students “Improvement of technology of construction of mines and underground structures” (co-organizer, Donetsk). Reports are published in the conference materials collection;
– international scientific and technical conference “Energy. Ecology. Man “(conference of young scientists – graduate students and undergraduates)” Prospects for the development of mining and underground construction “IEE NTTU (KPI). Presented papers were published in the same collection of conference materials;
– All-Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference of Students, Postgraduates and Young Scientists “Prospects for Mining and Rational Use of Natural Resources”, Zhytomyr State Technological University.